The music industry isn’t just buzzing with new music. With every passing day, news of budding romances and summer flings come and go, leaving us surprised. Couples in the industry are many, naturally. But some of them – we never saw coming.
From teenage romances to short-lived love affairs, here are a few musicians you never knew dated.
2. Yep, Madonna and Michael Jackson were a thing. With all their pop power, this couple may have been a little too much for us to handle.
Photo Credit: The LIFE Picture Collection via Getty Images
3. And so begins the Jonas Brothers relationship saga. Miley Cyrus and Nick Jonas had the sweetest teenage romance, though it was short lived.
Photo Credit: Rob Hoffman/JBE/Getty Images
4. Jennifer Lopez and P Diddy may have been one of the most iconic couples of their time, but they had a very tumultuous relationship. JLo even spent 14 hours in jail on account of her beau.
Photo Credit: Kevin Mazur/WireImage
5. Rapper Big Sean and Ariana Grande were a fan favourite when they got together. Alas, now he’s just a lyric in “thank u, next”.
Photo Credit: Axelle/Bauer-Griffin/FilmMagic
6. Now this couple was never confirmed, but everyone believes Ed Sheeran’s hit “Don’t” was inspired by his “relationship” with Ellie Goulding.
Photo Credit: Jeff Kravitz/FilmMagic for MTV
7. Rihanna has always been very private about her life, and well, Drake shielded his son from the spotlight for two years. So, it’s no surprise that their relationship is still shrouded in mystery.
Photo Credit: Michael Loccisano/Getty Images
8. Here’s that Jonas Brothers saga we were talking about. Joe Jonas and Demi Lovato were one of the most talked about Disney couples of their time.
Photo Credit: Dimitrios Kambouris/VF1/WireImage
9. Selena Gomez and Nick Jonas dated for a short while and well, apparently, that’s what made things awkward between Miley and her. (rumours, rumours).
Photo Credit: Rachel Murray/Getty Images for Republic Records
10. Collaborating on their track “I Want You to Know“, Zedd and Selena Gomez fell in love. Their couple status was confirmed by Zedd in an interview post breakup and it shook us up.
Photo Credit: Kevin Mazur/Getty Images for iHeartMedia
By: Ahalya Narayanan